Working at a daycare center, I have come across and fed a lot of infants various jars of baby food. There are some SUPER WEIRD concoctions of baby jar food; but, every now and then you come across a combination that tempts you to reach into that small jar of mush and try a mouthful of YUM!
Well carrot/ apple inspired me to make a warm bowl of oats that cater to Fall’s harvest. So, I give you …
Carrot & Apple Oatmeal!!! 🙂
Carrot & Apple Oatmeal: Serves 2
- 1 Cup of Oats
- 1 Medium Gala Apple
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Soak 1 cup of oats in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes
- Peel and shred 1 medium carrot
- Core and dice 1 medium Gala apple
- Set aside for the moment 🙂
- Cook Oats on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Add Vanilla Extract, Ground Cloves, and Cinnamon to soaking oats
- Cook and stir oats for another 2-3 minutes. It should be lightly bubbling
- Add shredded carrots and diced apples
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5- 10 minutes until produce is tender.
Serve and get creative with your toppings! May I suggest: Brown Sugar, Raw Honey, Chopped Walnuts.
Enjoy your nourishment and #healthyself