Getting back into routines is always tricky. Even though these past few weeks have been hectic with moving back home to be closer to family, settling into a new environment, and readjusting my daily routine, I’m so ready to be back to some sort of schedule. Most importantly, I feel better in sync with myself when I’m eating well regularly. To help me adjust back to my usual diet I whipped up a batch of ghee.
Ghee is a staple in my cooking and SO RIDICULOUSLY easy to make. (not to mention cost efficient 😉 ).
- 16 0z unsalted butter
- medium sauce pan
- wooden spoon
- wire mesh strainer
- jar for storage
- Dice the chilled 16 oz of unsalted butter into cubes about the size pictured to the right.
- In a medium sauce pan, set the heat to medium
- Allow the butter to melt completely into liquid
- Keep stirring
- Once liquified, bring heat to high. Butter should be bubbling consistently.
- Allow to bubble for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and allow ghee to cook for 8 to 10 more minutes
- Pour ghee through the wire mesh strainer into a jar.
- Clean strainer of buttery film
- Repeat step 8, until most of the buttery film is gone from ghee.
Now, you have a delicious, generous jar of ghee for all your cooking and healing needs.
Remember to store at room temperature 🙂